 CAD / Development / 3831
Re: Argh! Need Help with POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:37:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kya Morden writes:
Okay, I D/L'd l2p, did what the web page says to do.  D/L'd POV-Ray
3.1, opened the pov file that l2p created.  Try to render it.  Wathc
POV-Ray spit out long masses of error codes.

   Errors or warnings? I wanted to point out that lots of warnings can come up
because of a change in the way that POV-Ray handles declarations (unless you
go into the LGEO include files and add semicolons to the appropriate lines as
I have done with many of the files). These can be very annoying, but won't
stop the rendering process. If you are getting genuine errors it might have
something to do with POV-Ray not knowing where to find the LGEO include files
which are listed at the top of the resultant POV file that L2P creates.

Someone help!  I can't find anything telling me where to dump the LGEO
files to.  I've put them in the LDraw directory with l2p.  And well,

   It doesn't really matter where you put them, but like I said before POV-Ray
has to be told where they are. Check out the file "povray.ini" (you can get
there from the Tools menu; select "Edit master POVRAY.INI") and down at the
bottom it will list the paths of places where POV-Ray should look for files. I
have my LGEO files in a directory called "LGEO" under another directory
called "Graphics" on my C: drive, so my paths look like this in povray.ini:

   Library_Path=C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\INCLUDE
   Library_Path=C:\Graphics\LGEO

You will want to add a path that looks something like:

   Library_Path=C:\LDraw\LGEO

or where ever you put your LGeo include files.

   Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll enjoy the hearty goodness of LGeo once
you get it set up properly.