 CAD / Development / 3832
Re: Argh! Need Help with POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:53:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mark Nelson writes:
Well, I'd get L3P, instead of L2P. It's a much better program, and it works
every time for me... Here's the link:
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html

   I don't think this makes sense since the programs you're comparing perform
totally different tasks (albeit for the purpose a common goal). There is
nothing wrong with L2P, you just have to know how to use it. Set up your path
in POV-Ray to include your LGeo directory (as I've talked about elsewhere in
this thread) and everything works smoothly. And the results are incredible
using L2P and the LGEO library!
   I'm not trying to slag L3P; I use it often when a piece is unavailable in
the LGEO library, and mixing the two styles works well for me. I'm just
reminding everyone to give LGEO (and Lutz, of course!) the mad props it
deserves.

   Happy rendering!
   Coby