 CAD / Development / 3897
Re: L-Draw - Future is the Net?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:

Wouldn't this be really really slow while before the web cache fills
up?

I suppose you could test the speed without a rewrite by samba sharing
an LDRAW directory across the internet and then setting your ldrawdir
path to something like \\www.ldraw.org\ldrawparts.

Samba use NT which is probably not the best schems to use.
Unix style NFS probably- bu thier are security isssues.
The way I was thinking was liek the inlining in VRML- which I think is htttp

Alex.

Don