 CAD / Development / 2769
Re: POV-RAY question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:30:17 GMT

Scott R Dennett skrev i meddelandet <199908231819070990.01C7D375@agate.net>...
I've been messing around with pov-ray today and I've been trying to
figure out how I can get headlights/taillights/emergency lights for
a fire truck. I've seen headlights done before, but I can't seem to get
it to work. I can make a spotlight, but the light doesn't seem to go very
far or seem very bright.

Not exactly headlights and such, but I made some experiments around Christmas
last year. You're welcome to take a look, and if you want I'll try to find the
POV-source for it.
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/merry.htm (a Lego Christmas tree with candles)

I had to fiddle a lot with the ambient lightning, the external lights, and the
transparency etc. of the candles. I remember that I had to lower the
transparency to make the candles look glowing by themselves.

If you experiment directly in POV, there are a lot of possibilities, for
example to make a light source 'look like' a Lego piece, instead of putting a
light inside an existing piece.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm