 CAD / Development / 2478
Re: why is no-one saying anything about my parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 08:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 05:11:02 GMT, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
wrote:
i notice that the greatest vioce agazinst me has come from people like tim
coutrney who have never made a part and who do not know how hard it can be
for a beginner like myself.

I agree completely with everything Tim wrote in his posting.  [...]

I just went back and re-read Tim's message for the third time, and I agree
with everything as well.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind, BTW, is that even though there are
newsgroups here, this is not Usenet.  Here, problem users can be blocked
from posting to particular newsgroups if necessary.

The use of these groups is a privilege, not a right -- and as such, when
someone uses these groups they should respect the general conventions set
forth by their inhabitants.  If someone repeatedly disregards the
conventions set forth by a group for months on end, stirring up controvery
and ill will wherever he appears, perhaps he does not belong.

Please, if and when the time comes where it be agreed upon through some fair
means that Jonathan be forbidden to post to .cad.dev and/or other .cad.dat
groups, let me know.  Given how long this has dragged on and how many hours
have been wasted by everyone trying to be nice and helpful to Jonathan, I
would have absolutely no compunction about removing Jonathan's posting
privileges to .cad.dev and/or other groups if such were the general will.

--Todd