 CAD / Development / 1510
Re: "~moved to" files and parts.lst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:21:22 GMT

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999 02:01:00 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:41:51 GMT, Tore Eriksson
<tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote:

I agree, but shouldn't we have a separate moved-to.lst file?

/Tore

We could.  If Steve and Lars would be willing to code their respective list
programs to do so.   I am not sure of the need or utility of having it, though.
Any thoughts on what it would be useful for?

AFAIK, LDraw, LDLite, and LDAO's Part Updater don't have any dependancies on
having ~moved to files being in the parts.lst file.  They depend on the actual
~moved to files themselves for the data they need.

Oo.  That one gets a big "I don't remember" from me.

I am in the middle of re-writing the way LDAO checks & maintains parts.lst
& the VEC, so I could easily add some extra code for a moved-to list.

Steve