 CAD / Development / 1474
Re: [ldraw.org] Status/Help Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:34:40 GMT

2. TLG Model Repository - Currently No Group Leader

The model repository will be hosted in the lugnet.cad.dat.* heirarchy, and
needs to be organized and regulated by two to three volunteers.  I reccommend
Todd for leader on this area since he has the best knowledge of the LUGNET
server and can definitely be responsible for this area.  Volunteers here need
to work with me on working these models into the website for display.  I don't
expect to get to this site area for a couple weeks.

In the mean time, volunteers in this area can gather already made TLG models
and review them and either approve, correct, or reject them for submission
into the database.  The models gathered should be organized within the
lugnet.cad.dat.* heirarchy.

A model repository can be created to host unofficial MOC creations if authors
desire them to be made available there.  I'll leave this one up for discussion.

I'll help with reviewing the models. I think the best thing to do would me to
get
a cad.dat.officialmodels or whatever it will be called up sometime soon, so that
people can post their TLG models there and then they can be reviewed, fixed,
etc.
and Todd could remove the neccesary post.

Ryan