 CAD / Development / 10602 (-10)
  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) hi philo, cute! would it be possible to pack the prog along with the samples and a .pdf of the howto in one file? w. (17 years ago, 27-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) Hi Philo, Very cool software tool. I'm sure I'll be using this at some point. Tim (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(2 URLs) Isecalc> utility, intended for LDraw parts authors, computes the intersection line of two sets of triangles or quads. Each set is provided to the utility as separate LDraw files. A third file containing the intersection lines is created. (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) Well, maybe others don't care about visible polys when it should be smooth, but it makes all the difference in the world to me. (...) Well, yeah. But that is better than everyone inventing their own POV- Ray code to make their own parts. How (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) The LDraw POV project ((URL) was created with the intention of someday becoming the de-facto, if not the actual, official LDraw compatible POV repository. I'll admit that it has languished for sometime (it's been almost 4 years sine I (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) It doesn't really gain you much if you are just converting the LDraw parts directly - l3p does that just fine, and fairly fast. The only advantage of a POV-ray library is when you start adding POV-ray specific stuff, eg: replace the curve (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

Why not make official POV-Ray Lego bricks and skip the whole LDraw to POV-Ray conversion? Use the same names, scale, and coordinates and all you need is a small script to convert the LDraw lines into POV- Ray lines using the same translations. Or (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) More than three years have passed, the only thing that has happened is that the SteerCo and/or the Standard Committee has decided not to allow EmbPOV in the official Parts folder. A vauge discussion on creting yet another folder for Ldraw POV (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LSynth Service

Hi, all. I've taken the liberty of fiddling around with the LSynth 2 source code a little bit more to create an LSynth Service, a text-processing extension for Mac OS X that lets you run LSynth just about anywhere you can edit text. The service (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) That's a nifty scanf trick. But don't forget, you might still want to (URL) trim leading and trailing whitespace> (tabs and space characters) from the parsed filename (and maybe even surrounding quotes). Don (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact