 CAD / Development / 10417 (-20)
  Proposed new colour

Hi all, Not sure if this has been brought up before so sorry if it has. When looking at one of my renders today Ross Crawford commented that the tracks were to reflective. We worked out that this is because they use the chrome color (383) to define (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

(...) Oh, yes it works - given you spell the commands correctly... :| Please disregard my previous post. /Tore (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

(...) Back to the drawing table! Tweening function doesn't function at all! :( /Tore (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

Finally, I have released the first beta version of my LDraw Animation System that supports the three new standalone [sub]scripts! To give it a go, download either (URL) on what you think takes less time. Then download (URL) unpack all files into (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Thanks for the input, Tim. I agree. Exponential functions for acceleration or fall would be nice to have. Sinus and Cosinus functions will make smoother walks. The best would probably be support for splines or maps, but that's way beyond my (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- (...) This all sounds very cool Tore. I may have to give it a go sometime. One suggestion to you is to allow for different tweening systems. Sometimes you may want something other than a linear tweening and it would be (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 Progress Report

I've changed priorities once again. The need of what I call standalone scripts have turned my todo-list upside-down. And the Tween command has made all the difference! After working all night, I finally made it work. That is, the first of the three (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) Rule #1: Never fix anything that's not broken! :) I need to make an if statement to take care of the exception where 'to' equals 'from', to avoid a division by zero crash anyway. Who knows what users can bring up... /Tore (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) There is another way ;) (Start_value*(to-Pro.../(to-from) Is nice and symmetric and more numerically stable. Tim (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) Oh, how close I was, and yet... Thanks a lot, Rosco! /Tore (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Simple Maths Help Needed

(...) I think what you want is: value = start_value + ((end_value - start_value) * (Progress - from) / (to - from)) HTH ROSCO (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Simple Maths Help Needed

I'm ashamed to admit, but I have got stuck in a quite simple Maths problem. It's all about an implementation of the basic formula y=kx+m, but somehow I have managed to think the wrong way. Luckily, I made problems like this in a glanse back in (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw File Repository version 1.0 released

(...) Hello, I am glad to see there is a place where one can quickly identify WHAT can be found, usually site promotion means i know WHERE to go, just to explore and discover nothing crosses my interests. Even if the list is far from exhaustive it (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw File Repository version 1.0 released

Version 1.0 of the LDraw File Repository is now available: (URL) repository currently has downloads of files by 5 authors, totaling 362 LDraw files, 10.7 MB. Most of the files are available on the authors' sites, but a few extras not on the authors' (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That looks perfect. Thank you :) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's never too late - I only hope that I'll soon have some time for L3P again. The shortest and easiest to remember keywords I could think of is: 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC OFF ... 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC ON Note, however, that it will only work in the main (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That's almost there but it still includes that part in the camera position calculations so doesn't really leave me better off. This would still require copying the camera data over. I'll have a look at doing two passes and copying it over (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) True, but IFNOTPOV produces "if(0)" statements that can very easily be replaced by "if(-1)" and all the commented out tracks will be uncommented again. I find that easier than copy and paste camera positions. /Tore (19 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Everything inside IFNOTPOV won't show up in the POV file at all, so that would still require two passes (one with IFNOTPOV to generate the camera, and one without to have the correct scene). --Travis (19 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's not what you're asking for, but I have code in an (unreleased) version of LDView that will put a POV camera into the clipboard based on the current view in LDView. It then lets you compose your view in LDView and simply replace L3P's (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact