 CAD / Development / 10372 (-20)
  Re: ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

Yes one could do that. But as compilation is a one time thing and they would still have the distribution in case they mauled it, I didn't feel it necessary to do it that way. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

(...) You should probably instead create a copy called makefile.solaris and make the changes in that. ROSCO (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Hi Orion, Thank you! So I just need a good viewer for step-by-step instructions! Leg Godt -Sven (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Who said that? It's not specifically disallowed in the MPD spec and LDView/MLCad both work fine with s/ and 48/ in the file names. I just tested LDView by changing the LDRAW directory to an empty directory and used a self contained MPD file (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDRAW Package format?

Hi everybody, yesterday someone sent me an e-mail and asked for the instructions of one of my models. I asked myself: Shall I render all the steps of the instructions via LPub - which takes a long time? Or shall I just send him the mpd-file and a (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite for Solaris 10 Install procedure

ldglite for Solaris 10. Download and install OpenGL from the Sun Website :(URL) and install Glut from the Sun Website: (URL) ldglite from (URL) root (or other priveleged user) unzip ldglite in the directory of your choice (I use /opt and have the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite Compilation concerns

(...) I'd say that <GL/osmesa.h> would normally be preferable, but "GL/osmesa.h" works fine, since double quotes in a #include statement search a full superset of the directories searched by angle brackets. So it should certainly not affect its (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite Compile fail

(...) Looks like gcc is getting pickier about function prototypes these days. Try adding this line near the top of hoser.c after the #include lines. void hoseout(void); (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite Compile fail

Ok, I know UNIX, but to be honest, I'm no programmer by a long shot So This error stopped me. gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG -DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DTEST_MUI_GUI -I./mui/include -c -o hoser.o hoser.c (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldglite Compilation concerns

I seem to have found a typo in ldglpr.c : ---Begin ldglpr.c line 51--- #ifdef OSMESA_OPTION #include "GL/osmesa.h" void *OSbuffer = NULL; OSMesaContext ctx; #endif ---End ldglpr.c line 55--- Shouldn't that be <GL/osmesa.h> I may be submitting some (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) No work is being done on this at the moment. I think I may be expected to submit an updated draft standard to the LSC on this topic. I will be quite busy in January and February (change of country+job), so it may take some time before I get (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC - current status?

(...) Steve, Tore, Lars, Orion ... any? w. (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Art of Illusion

(...) Any news in this matter? I have been using AOI for a few years now and it's now a very nice and competent software, latest version 2.2 is impressive. :) A good and growing AOI forum: (URL) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw to Bricklink shopping list converter

(...) Very cool. I like to see MPD support, if possible. -Orion (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Ldraw to Bricklink shopping list converter

Hi, want to quickly search Bricklink for parts in your Ldraw creation? check (URL): just upload your Ldraw file, and you'll get a complete list of links to Bricklink search pages. Let me know how you like this tool, and make sure you try the MLCad (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO

--SNIP-- (...) IMO the best solution would be to have a magic number at the start of the parts. eg. 0 LDP or something. That way the 'partness' of each part would be quicly verified merely be reading the first five bytes of the file regardless of (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO

(...) Surely the extension is entirely to identify the type of file, otherwise they would be irrelevant? While I understand that .dat is a widely used extension it would be foolish if any change was to .ldr (for parts), another extension would make (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO

(...) I think Tim meant LDraw files distinctive from other programs' .DAT files. Also from (URL) is problematic because its an ambiguous file format, many different programs use it. To identify more with LDraw, we chose LDR." Anyway, as Travis (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Scorpion

(...) I just met with Chris Dee who is here in New Jersey on a biz trip. He just showed me his render of the Scorpion! I am so impressed! There is hardly another part as hard to make as the Scorpion. He did a fine job. Thank you so much. Lego Fans (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO

(...) What can I say? Tim has always been focused sharply on models. Although he used "model" extensively throughout that post, any implication of having separate definitions of "part" vs "model" as file-types is inaccurate. (...) That was entirely (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact