 CAD / Development / 10357
Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:42:48 GMT

--SNIP--

Surely the extension is entirely to identify the type of file, otherwise they
would be irrelevant?
While I understand that .dat is a widely used extension it would be foolish if
any change was to .ldr (for parts), another extension would make much more
sense. (for human AND machine differentiation between models and parts)

Tim

IMO the best solution would be to have a magic number at the start of the parts.
eg. 0 LDP or something. That way the 'partness' of each part would be quicly
verified merely be reading the first five bytes of the file regardless of
extension.

Tim