 CAD / Development / 10352
Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:06:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi lars,

looks like L3P doesn't distinguish between part-files (.dat) and scene-files¬
(.ldr) when I use LGEO parts.¬ ¬
have a look at the following pic. when I render a .mpd (which containes the¬
subfile 926.ldr refering to the sets number) without LGEO I get a fine¬
result:¬ ¬ <<http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/l3p-bug_without_lgeo.jpg>>¬
¬
using LGEO-parts L3P substitutes the subfile 926.ldr with part¬ "32014 -
Technic Angle Connector #6" 'cos "lg_ _0926.inc" has an inbuild¬ move-to
command (lg_ _0926 moved to lg_ _32014) to the Technic¬ Angle Connector #6: ¬
<<http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/l3p-bug_with_lgeo.jpg>>¬ ¬
you can download the related .mpd and .pov from:¬
¬
<http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/l3p-bug.zip
¬
I'm well aware that LGEO gets more and more outdated, but because of the¬
fantastic quality of the parts I'd like to stick to them as long as I can.
it¬ would be great if L3P could distinguish between .dat and .ldr ... and
use¬ anton raves parts for those not available in LGEO ;-)¬ ¬ bye, w.¬

Yes, I would be great.

But while it doesn't distinguish, we have to deal with it. I think the naming
convention we had had before the .ldr extension, with officicial models named
m926.dat and so on, solves this problem. So I suggest you name it m926.ldr as a
workaround. This could be a good habit even if L3P is improved to make the
distinction.

this is what I did in the end. nontheless I consider this a bug worth reporting
and subsequently sort out the ldr-dat mess we are currently in ;-)

w.