 CAD / Development / 10351
Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:

[snip-snap]

I disagree because the dat and ldr extensions do not indicate the type of
content in the file (except that it's an LDraw file).

hmm ... I always understod .ldr as scene file and .dat just for parts. at least
this was what I thought reding from tim's post back in 2001:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=6850
"The extension change is just that.  Nothing changes in the actual file
format.  It allows an LDraw model file to be distinctive from other files"

and

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=6858
"> Are we going to change all the Parts files and Primitives ?
No, for now parts stay .DAT."

I imagine if we ever
break backwards compatibility in the part library, we'll switch all the files
to .LDR extensions.

as far as I remember with already broke backwards compatibility with LDraw
0.something:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=12351

Steve

w.