 CAD / Development / 10348
Re: L3P-Bug using LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:37:03 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Dean Earley wrote:

MLCad has no such restriction - that restriction is put in place by mklist. Go
ahead - create parts/3010.LDR, edit parts.lst, add 3010.LDR and a description,
it will magically appear in MLCad and be usable just as any other part.

But that DOES differentiate between .dat and .ldr by the very fact it
has the extension in parts.lst. If it didn't, 3010.dat and 3010.ldr
would be interchangeable everywhere.

This means that 3010.dat is NOT the same as 3010.ldr but L3P appears to
think they are regardless of path/location. 3010.ldr is not a (current)
lego part and should not be treated as such.

The point is that it is not MLCad which differentiates, it is mklist.

I read Steve's email as saying that they shouldn't and that the
extension doesn't matter but IMO it does.
Rereading it, it sounds like the extension does matter but that it
shouldn't be used to identify the type of file which I agree with.

/me shuts up :)

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/