 CAD / Development / 10032
Re: Restart of LDA2001 Project (using LDraw models - L3P - POV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:42:33 GMT

Thanks for the response.

Just a qiuck reply, got to go back to work... LDA outputs both .dat files for
the indiviual frames

That is what I was going to do too.

but also one master .dat that has references to the
single-frame files, separated by CLEAR and STEP.

I guess what I was thinking was exporting a file that could either be povray
format, a format that l3p could convert (preserving unions, macros, etc), or a
format that I would use with Anton's library
where I swap out the LDraw parts/models with povray versions made in his
library.

Doing this would not use CLEAR and STEP though.  It would be more like the
script format.

Just brainstorming:

Your script format:

model.fly.east (from frame 1 to frame 10)

POV-Ray format:

#switch ( frame_clock )
  #range (1,10)
    object model ( fly (east) ) <- something like that....
    #break
#end

Can't think of anything off of the top of my head to have l3p generate similar
output...

I am not enough skilled to make direct POV output, so my programs will still be
depending on L3P.

What if.... what if you took the L3P output and modified THAT?.... more on this
later.

James