 CAD / Development / *410 (-20)
  LF vs. CRLF in server .DAT script

[Added lugnet.cad.dev & lugnet.cad to newsgroups list; followups set to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) Jonathan: Thank You for noticing this and reporting this!! Please let me know if the fix doesn't work for you (worked for me, but I only tested with LDLITE (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT voting page up

(...) Then it's broken too. :) --Todd (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Soccer ball pattern

(...) I just checked (using an actual copy of the element :) It's beautiful! -- it's actually a physical imprinted pattern in the plastic of hexagons and pentagons -- then all the pentagons are decorated black. --Todd (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [3068 with groove] (was:DAT voting page up)

(...) I think the grooves should *definitely* be added -- if someone is behooved to take the time to do the mods correctly. I just noticed the tile thing last night when I was toying around with some little chess pieces I made in LEdit which use a (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad

(...) OK, fair enough. But I submit that someone who is modeling an element blind (without an actual copy of it to work from) is *not* doing the best they can. (...) OK, I probably shouldn't talk then. I haven't modeled any parts myself. :-/ --Todd (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

[removed lugnet.cad from Newsgroups line] (...) I think the speed comparison depends on whether you use mod_perl or CGI+Perl or a specialized Perl HTTP daemon. Of course, if the code running on the server is Java, a Servlet is almost certainly the (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  raised baselpate fixes

i posted it to lugnet.cad.dat so you could see the fixes and therefore stop telling me that the 2 x 2 stud area is in the wrong plate etc etc. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  raised baselpate fixes

the way i see it from the discussions on the group there are 4 main problems with my raied baseplate: 1.the small 2 x 2 studs area is in the wrong place. this has been fixed. 2.the layout of the studs in the pit is wrong. this has been fixed at last (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT voting page up

(...) the canyon raised baseplate does not have the rounded edges. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad

(...) my part dod not match the tlg part. (typo) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

(...) Yes, definitely if as an app would you have all the files locally. I was talking about an applet that would not. You don't want to have to download the entire zip file every time because it would be fairly large. Having individually compressed (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

(...) Why not serve both compressed and uncompressed versions? (...) Amen to that! Say, Greg, how's about posting the URL of your Blacktron Galaxy Explorer over in the .build group? Probably a lot of new-timers there who haven't seen it yet. (...) (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT voting page up

(...) The curved edges are an essential part of the piece, especially when viewed in LDLite or POV-Ray. Not modeling them would be like leaving the curved edges off of the Windscreens - the edges are a highly recogizable feature of the part. --Bram (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT voting page up

(...) ^^^ I avoided using this word in my posts on the subject for fear I would spell it just like this, which of course is another word for dirty :-) Good points in your post, though. -John Van (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT voting page up

Since I am not an LDraw part developer (although I did try my hand at one part), I will add my $0.02 to the fracas and be done with it. This outlook is based upon my knowledge of engineering documentation systems in the real world. With that said, (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) It seems to me that the only reason on TLG's part to have 2 seperate numbers and then one different aggregate number for a specific color is to provide for a situation in which the two pieces are different colors (ie: black top, yellow (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT voting page up

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36d6f2f0.17111521@l...et.com>... (...) Is the soccer ball part spherical with printed pattern, or does the physical part consist of hexagons and pentagons like a real soccer ball? -John Van (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) Accessory pack #5131. Steve (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT voting page up

It's not an update. It's an A/B version thing--Tile 1x1 Old Style, Tile 1x1 New Style. Steve (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) In this case, I say use the number stamped on the part. (...) Did we decide to move away from the xxxxPxx format? This sounds like a good reason to rethink that decision. Not that I expect this particular element to ever resurface in a (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact