 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6290
6289  |  6291
Subject:
Library Specifications for Canvas Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:46:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

I’m currently working on the “Canvas Wagon Cover with Oval and Two Crossed Cutlasses Pattern”

and before I start cleaning the part for PT-fitness I’d like to ask the LSC
for some guidelines, since this is the first canvas part ever authored.
Actually best would be if the LSC could set up a standard as they did for the
stickers:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article339.html

with a spot on the following questions:
  • Shall the part be modeled by real colors, where they are not modifiable
    from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not allowed?
    If this the case shall a special color (may be a texture defined in
    LDconfig.ldr) be used or a color close to an official LDraw color (15 - White
    in this case)?
  • I measured the thickness and got approx. 0.4 mm (1 LDU). Think it can also
    apply to the others http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catID=162
  • Shall I submit also a non-pattern version as we do for parts?
  • Do we want also the unfold version for a “Bill of Material” like this
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=x192px1? IMHO it would be
    overkill - beside the fact that an unfold version has to be re-modeled from
    scratch :-(
  • Any ideas on the numbering for the case we don’t have the itemID for older
    canvases?
  • The name of the part begins with “Canvas” and we definitely need a new
    category.
Your thoughts? Did I miss something?

w.