 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6291
6290  |  6292
Subject:
Exhaust Pipes 71137 and x855 misaligned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:49:18 GMT

Hi,

Again, while doing these parts for LGEO, I discovered the exhaust pipes old
71137 and new (with Pin) x855 (unoffical by GuyVivan) to be misaligned.
They have a different origin point, which is not the problem.
If you place them in a the holes of a technic brick (old one with using
additional pin), they are misaligned by 6 LDU. In real, the line up in all
dimensions, except for the wider section, which is correct in the parts.
I think the curved portion has the same inner radius, where in the old part
outer radius is 4 LDU and 6 in the newer. Seems the quarter torus is only scaled
in the new version, which is wrong, becaus scaling a torus changes both radius
values.
Here is a picture to understand this mess I tried to describe...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LGEO/Misc/picture_2.jpg

I will do the LGEO versions to align correctly, based on the correct older
pinless version. Should be fixed in x855 before official release, I think

Lutz