 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4760
Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:58:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
steve would you please add a feature to the PT, which will allow the authors to
reply to review-comments. today there is only one-way-discussion. we simply
don't have voice. I don't think that it is fair, that the only way we can reply
is resubmitting the code, overturning all the votes (a horror thinking that this
happens because, the reviewer is wrong - the reviewer not the author).

w.
(I'm awfully sorry about the tone of this post, but it had to be said, the way
it has been said)

I strongly recommend to any part author to also register as a part reviewer.
Then at least you can reply comments to votes on your own parts.
I am sure you have been listened and your preferences regarding reviewer
attitude will be taken into account. Reviewers only aim to serve authors, but
sometimes we are somewhat zealous, and authors can feel harrassed. If you do
some reviewing, you feel more confortable because you see both sides of the
coin. As a reviewer I have made errors, everybody do errors, errors are part of
the system, we collectively work so most are eliminated and we are not so bad.
How is it an abnormal situation that an author has to correct a reviewer? The
abnormal situation is no correction. And when enough is enough then you are
right, express how bad you feel. Then I am sure everything will arrange and
return to routine.

Regards and thanks for these wonderful space parts,

Damien