 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4757
Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 06:21:51 GMT

willy tschager wrote:
...yes, would you please ask PERMISSION before you mess up my code!
Yes I'm angry, but I'm so sick!

currently there is spreading a rude behaviour at the PT, especially
by the reviewers. grabbing a part and fix an error before an author
can get a glance on it to see what's wrong. after I have spent weeks
or even months to design this f*** part don't you think that I also
can fix a d*** l3P-error. back in the days you kindly asked an author
if he is willing to rewrite the code, or if you could take the part
over.
to my shame I have to admit that at a certain point in the past I
also snatched some part with hold votes and fixed them without
permission BUT I took them over only if there hasn't been done any
work for months. nowadays you get a hold and the next day your part
has been fixed by the reviewer himself. for myself I returned to ask
the other authors if they are still interested in the part. living
this experience on my one was painful enough to making me rethink my
actions.

I can understand you. But I think primitives with are used by a lot
of parts should be available to change by anyone. In the other hand
a _part_ (or subpart) should never changed if it's on the PT.

CU Bernd