 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4753
  WOULD YOU PLEASE...

...yes, would you please ask PERMISSION before you mess up my code! Yes I'm angry, but I'm so sick! currently there is spreading a rude behaviour at the PT, especially by the reviewers. grabbing a part and fix an error before an author can get a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...

(...) Woah, hold it there cowboy. The ONLY fix I will apply to a part not already submitted as a fix would be to slightly adjust the part position. I feel that small and minor errors can be fixed by anyone and would only fly off the handle (ok, I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...

[crossposted to lugnet.cad.dev, with followup-to set there as well -- this thread isn't about posting LDR files to lugnet] (...) If anyone is not sure about the general rule/protocol/guidelines on this: for new parts (not fixes), you should *always* (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...

(...) I agree that it affects every line in the part but my point is the triviality of the moving the part. If the origin is 1 LDU off of what it should be, it's fairly trivial to move it. -Orion (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...

(...) I can understand you. But I think primitives with are used by a lot of parts should be available to change by anyone. In the other hand a _part_ (or subpart) should never changed if it's on the PT. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  A Plea from a greenhorn (Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...)

(...) I agree, it is a little frustrating. I'm still a fledgeling author, and I need to learn what I'm doing wrong. Having somebody come through and make these edits before I get a chance to look is not making me a better author. I need to be able (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...

(...) I strongly recommend to any part author to also register as a part reviewer. Then at least you can reply comments to votes on your own parts. I am sure you have been listened and your preferences regarding reviewer attitude will be taken into (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: A Plea from a greenhorn (Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...)

(...) Ok, after this thread and some off Lugnet discussion, I've come to a firm opinion. I will refrain from ANY part modfications on non Official Library parts and then subsequent posting on the PT. I will modify parts and Email them to the authors (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: A Plea from a greenhorn (Re: WOULD YOU PLEASE...)

(...) I'm willing to accept this. I also like a reviewer technique (BrickCaster) of taking screen captures of the errors and posting them to the web. The pictures are actually more beneficial than dat code in learning how to screen for errors. I'd (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)