 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4045
Re: Happy (U.S.) Independence Day!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 09:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tim Romine writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
Let forget what I posted OK?

We'll try.

In what way?  How are Europeans acting in a superior way to Americans as
evidenced on LUGNET?

We don't think that we are superior just we don't act like americans.

Well, I don't go waving any flags or anything, but why does it offend you
that someone would celebrate their nation by posting something on LUGNET?

Good, it doesn't offend me, I don't like the way you "americans" are
always super proud of being americans, born in america and or proud of
being born on 4 of July some of you americans.

Once again, how do Americans make you sick?  I don't understand the venom in
your posts.

Read down.

Please understand, I'm not trying to stir anything up.  I just don't
understand how tempers flared up over what I thought was a fairly harmless
post.  What happened?

America is not like before may be lol.

Although I am a U.S. citizen, I'm not caught up in the wave of unreasonable

I knew it.

patriotism that has erupted since the September 11th attack on the *world*

Great that you are not another idiot like many that I know.

trade center.  So many Americans forget that this was an attack that killed
citizens of many nations, not just Americans.  Just to be clear, I am far

You are right about them that was an attack against the world not only USA
but since they decided to take it as anti-usa attack well they can ....
I better be quited.

less concerned about the anti-USA vein of your posts than I am the emotional
response and venom posted to LUGNET.  One of the things I thoroughly enjoy
about LUGNET, is that it allows me to communicate with LEGO fans (like

Same here, LEGO rules!!!

myself) all over the world.  None of us can choose where we were born, so it
seems a little silly to me to generalize about citizens of any particular
nation, or for that matter, to be proud of where you were born.  I am a

Yes is stupid this think about example: is better be born in EU than US or Irak.

citizen of Planet Earth.  So are you.  Let's all get along, and keep the
LUGNET stuff about LEGO's and *not* about politics.  Please?

Yeah good idea I made an idiot of myself with this posts lucky that I didn't
get banned out of LUGNET

Eduardo, you have contributed with cool animations and have worked hard to
get past many obstacles to achieve some really great projects.  I really
don't want to lose your input to LUGNET, but please bear in mind that not
all Americans are like those you see on the media.  Some of us are reasonable.

OK well let just play well.

CU

Once again, let's all get along.

Thank you for your time and patience.