 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4043
Re: Happy (U.S.) Independence Day!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:00:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
Let forget what I posted OK?

We'll try.

Just one thing why you americans can't be just like us europeans?

In what way?  How are Europeans acting in a superior way to Americans as
evidenced on LUGNET?

Sorry for my comments but you americans make me sick with all you
<snip> and you america this america that.

Well, I don't go waving any flags or anything, but why does it offend you
that someone would celebrate their nation by posting something on LUGNET?

Anothere thing I'm not an anti-usa is only that you make me sick as I said.

Once again, how do Americans make you sick?  I don't understand the venom in
your posts.

Please understand, I'm not trying to stir anything up.  I just don't
understand how tempers flared up over what I thought was a fairly harmless
post.  What happened?

Although I am a U.S. citizen, I'm not caught up in the wave of unreasonable
patriotism that has erupted since the September 11th attack on the *world*
trade center.  So many Americans forget that this was an attack that killed
citizens of many nations, not just Americans.  Just to be clear, I am far
less concerned about the anti-USA vein of your posts than I am the emotional
response and venom posted to LUGNET.  One of the things I thoroughly enjoy
about LUGNET, is that it allows me to communicate with LEGO fans (like
myself) all over the world.  None of us can choose where we were born, so it
seems a little silly to me to generalize about citizens of any particular
nation, or for that matter, to be proud of where you were born.  I am a
citizen of Planet Earth.  So are you.  Let's all get along, and keep the
LUGNET stuff about LEGO's and *not* about politics.  Please?

Eduardo, you have contributed with cool animations and have worked hard to
get past many obstacles to achieve some really great projects.  I really
don't want to lose your input to LUGNET, but please bear in mind that not
all Americans are like those you see on the media.  Some of us are reasonable.

Once again, let's all get along.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Tim Romine
AFOL for life