 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3909
Re: Avoiding Duplication of Effort (Was: 2x4 left and right half wedge plates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:07:13 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
Well duplication can and does happen.  I'd be willing to create a part
authoring intent page, but as I'm not allowed to run cgi-scripts on my
website, all the entries would have to be compiled manually which, if I • get
behind, could lead to the same result.  I really can't see anyway to • anyway
to prevent duplication of effort absolutly.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Maybe this is something that Steve could add to the parts tracker - a list
of parts which intention to build so you can reserve a part, then if you
want to author a part you check there first to see if someone else is
already working on, like Tore's temporary tracker did. With Steve adding it
the parts tracker I imagine it would be dynamically generated and so should
never be more than a few minutes out at any time. However I know Steve has a
lot on his plate, so maybe this isn't feasible right now.

Dan