 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3902
Re: 2x4 left and right half wedge plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:12:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
In order to avoid duplicate effort are these the parts you're working on:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/41769.dat

Yikes!

My question is when did  Marc Schickele first assert that he was working on
these elements? I submitted a request to Steve Bliss on the 28th stating my
interest to author these elements having already searched the parts tracker
for these elements; Marc submitted this file on the 30th, which means it is
more than likely he was working on it first.  It isn't a big deal that I
spent four hours working on my files as my first ever solo DAT files (and
that were going to get me a parts tracker user ID I guess), but it is a big
deal that any two persons are spending any time doing the EXACT same thing!
There must be a better way to handle these matters.  If I had already had a
Parts Tracker User ID would I have had forewarning of this duplication of
efforts?  Kinda puts me off authoring for that reason alone -- there should
NEVER be a duplication of efforts.  Perhaps it's worth mentioning that my
process was a little more meticulous because I am also trying to author a
DAT creation tutorial for beginners by a beginner.

FWIW, I mentioned working on these DAT files here, 27 May 2002:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3736

I am not happy about this at all, but it has nothing to do with the elements
being authored by someone else.  That I don't care about.

-- Hop-Frog