 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3744
Re: subfile for new part (Rebel *A-wing* pilot torso)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 16:17:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Franklin W. Cain wrote:
Could we document this in a FAQ somewhere at LDraw.org?

Oh, probably.  Except it needs to be rewritten to describe what to do,
instead of what not to do. :)

Also, in some cases, the filename of the subfile will not completely contain
the filename of the "main" (i.e., parent) file, for example, the subfiles for
the "Lobot (Star Wars) face (3626bpsc.dat) we named "3626bsc1.dat" and
"3626bsc2.dat", because otherwise, the filenames would've been too long.  (But,
obviously, this is the exception and not the norm...  I just like to be
"complete.")

True, but I think we covered the filenames well enough that the
exception is adequately handled.

I'll bear your points in mind for future (sub)files.

What are your feelings about current unofficial subfiles?

Steve