 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3728
Re: Work-in-progress improved minifig arm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 21:21:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
Here is my work so far on improving the minifig arm. It is provided as an MPD
file of a torso and arms at two different angles; right - upper arm vertical;
left - forearm horizontal.

There is still much to do on the inner arm and not all the necessary type 5
lines are done. The new arm part still contains a lot of working comments.

But hopefully it shows the direction I am going - all comments welcome.

Chris

Repost to fix line-wrapping mess.

More progress, at last. I think this now just needs a little work on type 5
lines at the elbow bend. I believe I have done as much as I can to use the
cyli, cyls and cyls2 primitives, which should improve the appearance by
renderers which do primitive substitution.

Thanks for all the comments so far - more welcome.

Chris

Hi Chris,

With this physical connection arms will be much easier to rotate accurately.
When placing the official hand at arm ends I noticed that hand hole is
significantly larger. When comparing to actual part I found your hand hole
more realistic. Official hand hole is too small, even for official hand part.

Thanks,

Damien