 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3607
Re: is BOX5.DAT really BFC compliant?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kyle McDonald writes:
I've been working on the BFC code in my application, and well, either
I need to go to bed now (which is probably true either way :) or
the BOX5.DAT primitive slipped into the last update with wrong-way
wound quad.

Am I reading this right?

0 Box 5 (five faces)
0 Name: box5.dat
0 Author: James Jessiman
0 Original LDraw Primitive
0 LDRAW_ORG Primitive UPDATE 2002-02

0 BFC CERTIFY CW

0 2002-04-03 SEB Modified for BFC compliance

2 24 1 1 1 -1 1 1
2 24 -1 1 1 -1 1 -1
2 24 -1 1 -1 1 1 -1
2 24 1 1 -1 1 1 1
2 24 1 0 1 -1 0 1
2 24 -1 0 1 -1 0 -1
2 24 -1 0 -1 1 0 -1
2 24 1 0 -1 1 0 1
2 24 1 0 1 1 1 1
2 24 -1 0 1 -1 1 1
2 24 1 0 -1 1 1 -1
2 24 -1 0 -1 -1 1 -1

This next quad seems to me to be wound CCW not CW like the
0 BFC CERTIFY statement says? no?

4 16 -1 1 -1  1 1 -1  1 1  1 -1 1  1
4 16  1 1  1  1 0  1 -1 0  1 -1 1  1
4 16 -1 1  1 -1 0  1 -1 0 -1 -1 1 -1