 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3667
Re: "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:32:13 GMT

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath.BESTpurdue.edu> skrev i meddelandet

Acceptable -- meets the minimum standards for inclusion in the
library (and a more accurate version will not break models made
with this)

I think this is a very important point! As soon as a part has the right
orientation, zero point and outer dimensions, it can be _used_ for building.
A refined version will (sometimes) make everything look better, but will not
break already built models.

What more do you need to _accept_ a part?

Isn't the main reason for new parts that we want to use them for building?

Working with Coordinate Measuring Machines with an accuracy around 0.002 mm
has taught me that being _very_ accurate is very seldom needed, and always
expensive.

Or to quote a book ("The soul of a new machine" ?) from memory:

"Everything that's worth doing, is _not_ worth doing well", sometimes 'good
enough' is good enough.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm