 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3658
3657  |  3659
Subject:
Suggest a group ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Yes I got what I needed, thanks. However I voted "hold" on the part. The
reasons I gave in the hold had to do with the sidewall bead width, plus I
found another "flaw" which I need advice on. What's the right group to
discuss? cad.dat.parts?

Based on the charter, cad.dat.parts would not be the right group (unless the
tyre had been posted to cad.dat.parts, and you posted a follow-up to that
posting).  But there seems to be a need for group(s) for focus(s)ed
discussion of part files, and there aren't any better groups around...

Snipped the rest and FUT to admin.suggestions. More on the actual issue later.

I would like to suggest that a group (groups?) be created for focused
discussion of parts files so that cad.dat.parts can return to being a group
that has dat files posted to it and little else.

I am not sure of the correct name... it probably should NOT have the
"upload/attach DAT file" feature.

But it feels like maybe lugnet.cat.dat.parts.discuss might be the right name.