 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1609
Re: UCS X-Wing model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:14:32 GMT

Verry Verry good job!!

If anyone wants a rendering of it, thats what I'm doing now.

Gary

Dirtman <enimor7@home.com> wrote in message news:GEvn89.ECG@lugnet.com...
Hey, all!

I've been working on this for a while and I think it's about as complete • as
I can make it.

All the parts are here, but some of them have patterns that are not • modeled
in ldraw yet.  Some unofficial parts were necessary, but all of them • should
be available on lugnet.cad.dat.parts;  if any are not available (or just • too
hard to find), just ask me in a post here (lugnet.cad.dat.models or
lugnet.cad.dat.parts) and I'll either help you find it, or post the part • myself.

MODEL NOTES:     Although I posed this model as if it were in flight, all
the features (opening cargo hatch and canopy, moveable S-foils) from the
"real" LEGO model can be accessed directly from the main model file.  All
you have to do is open this mpd file in the editor of your choice (I
recommend MLCAD;  I used it for this model), and modify the parts in the
main file as needed.  All of the parts that need to be rotated have been
"zeroed out" on their rotation points, so they should rotate correctly as
long as you're using an editor that can rotate parts by PART origin, like
MLCAD ;o) .  I don't know if I have the S-foils at exactly the right • angle,
but it looks quite close to the "real" LEGO model.  If you want to close • the
wings, rotate each by 15 (fifteen) degrees by its part origin.

Hope someone else likes this model as much as I do!

Comments and/or questions welcome,

Dirtman

               !!!!! WARNING !!!!!
        VERY LARGE FILE AHEAD