 CAD / 8135
Re: sub-part alignment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:35:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Geoff Gray wrote:

Hmmm.  I can certainly do that.  What determines the center?  The problem I
think I am running into is understanding where MLCAD is creating the center.
Does it create the center of the picture based on the center of the first
object placed? and does that center point move if you move the first piece
after it is placed?

The 'center' of a model is fixed, in terms of the position.  It's at
position <0,0,0>.  Each piece in a model has a specific position, which
changes as you move the part around.  If you look in MLCAD's 'Active
Model' pane, at the list of parts, there's a 'Position' column.  As you
move a part around, the position values will change.

When you add a submodel to a model, the position of the submodel is
where the subpart's <0,0,0> goes.  This isn't apparent in MLCAD, because
the crosshairs (the + sign) is placed over the physical center of the
select part(s), instead of on the position of the part.

Steve