 CAD / 8133
Re: sub-part alignment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:54:33 GMT

"Geoff Gray" <geoffgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Gx9H53.3GK@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:

If you've finished the model (or part of it), and you realize it's
off-center, you can reposition it by selecting all of the parts in the
model, then use the arrow keys to move them around.

Steve
Hmmm.  I can certainly do that.  What determines the center?  The problem • I
think I am running into is understanding where MLCAD is creating the • center.
Does it create the center of the picture based on the center of the first
object placed? and does that center point move if you move the first piece
after it is placed?

I'm pretty sure MLCad uses the position and orientation of the currently
selected part for positioning and orienting the submodel when you drag it
in. If you select no parts I think it'll then use the origin and normal
orientation for positioning info.

Dan