 CAD / 8128
Re: sub-part alignment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 01:15:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Geoff Gray writes:
Hi All.  I am getting more familiar with MLCAD and the creation of LDRAW
models every day, but one thing I cannot figure out yet is how to set up the
alignment of sub-parts.  Now I am sure I am using the wrong name for this,
so let me explain.  If I create a small car, or a bridge truss, etc that I
want to use over and over, I save the DAT file and then load it as a custom
piece in the final drawing.  However, when I bring the model into the new
drawing, invariable it is not centered or it is oriented the wrong way.  I
can easily enough rotate or move it, but I'd like to set it up so that all
of my sub-parts files have a uniform orientation and a ceter at the 0,0,0
point.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

This happens to me all the time.  You think I'd've learned better by now. :)

The best thing to do is to make sure you keep the model centered as you
create the sub-part file. :)

If you've finished the model (or part of it), and you realize it's
off-center, you can reposition it by selecting all of the parts in the
model, then use the arrow keys to move them around.

Steve