 CAD / 7776
Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:24:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
Again from what I have observered, if a user wants to place LDraw, LEGO, or
even his initals or any other text on the stud of a virtual brick that is
OKAY AS LONG AS your are NOT selling the image, putting it as a building
instruction and selling it with your lego-brick made MOC.  That is where the
suits will come in for the kill. A rendered image is YOUR PROPERTY, your
creation, your copyrighted idea.  SO LONG AS YOU ARE NOT SELLING IT.  It's
the SALE that is what Lego company needs to protect.  They need to protect
their image that if you are going to sell say building instructions that the
general public doesn't not think that those building instructions are coming
from the lego company themselves.

So... if we *are* selling the images (ie for instructions), then they can
*not* have the Lego logo.  But any other logo is OK.  Is this correct?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com