 CAD / 7760
  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) Yes this is TRUE, but LDRAW's (the organization) POLICY is to NEVER EVER create, post, or distribute any other pieces other than Offical LEGO parts! I don't think this policy is EVER going to change for a number of reason; the top two IMO (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) There was a recent post about creating a links page for non-standard uses of the LDraw format for clones and knex stuff: (URL) while they aren't proposing to distribute the files themselves, I don't see quite the vehemence implied by the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) Ahui was referring to the LDraw.org website distributing cloned parts. We acknowledge there are other uses for the LDraw modeling system and will be linking to them. But they're not 'Official LDraw.org' distributions, they're third-party (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

<snip> (...) Again from what I have observered, if a user wants to place LDraw, LEGO, or even his initals or any other text on the stud of a virtual brick that is OKAY AS LONG AS your are NOT selling the image, putting it as a building instruction (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) So... if we *are* selling the images (ie for instructions), then they can *not* have the Lego logo. But any other logo is OK. Is this correct? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) I am not sure there. I wouldn't simply assume LEGO would come after someone for including the text on the studs say, in a Guild of Bricksmiths(TM) set. LEGO requires a legal disclaimer, and does not allow you to display the bright red logo. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

Tim ,Tony Hafner , Ahui Herrera : here is a question, although i think i know the answer, panel 1 x 4 x3 with lego logo (seen in several sets. ) can it be done? unofficial only or even ldraw.org part? (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) I believe there is a part which was recently released (likely in the last update) or just about to be released with the LEGO logo on it. Steve, please correct me if I'm wrong, my memory of this isn't perfect. I seem to recall the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw Logo on Studs

(...) Large Technic Steering Wheel (URL) actually an embossed LEGO logo, not a print. Like the logo on studs, but larger. It almost definitely won't be released in this release (2002-02), but probably the next one (2002-03). Geez, it's mid-April (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)