 CAD / 7376
7375  |  7377
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Datsville anim. joint project? Was: unspectactular sound effects?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:03:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds writes:
Hmm, I can't think of any off hand.

However, I thought I would mention that Apple has a ton of royalty free
music that you can download if you have an iTools account (I think I tried
to download it all once and it was around 6 Gig...).  If people without Macs
want to see what is available, one could let me know and I could compile a
little list or something. (or you could access the iTools server with webdav
if you had an account)

Or you could hire me to write some music for you (ooh! my first commission!).

A soundtrack would be very cool. I have composed some tunes but I'm not sure if
they fit in to any of my animation ideas. I might hire you!

Even when you look at a very short film, a cartoon or anything, at the
end you'll find a huge list of people involved in the making of it. Just like
Datsville was a joint project, I consider making the Datsville movie in a
similar way. To take on every detail myself is very hard work. What if somebody
takes care of:
the camera (position, look_at, angle), another one:
gathering suitable sound effects (or sampling them),
composing original music,
light settings,
some minifigs and their individual movement scheme,
an mc-minifig,
traffic objects,
simplifying buildings,
idea input,
you name it

It would be great if anybody could contribute with their own walking, running,
jumping, waving, head-turning, stumbling minifigs. Some time ago, I suggested
some kind of behviour .dat files, but had no response. Maybe noone understood
my idea. The idea is once again if we could use 0 STEP as new frame and any
future LDraw animation utility could read the movement scheme and paste it into
the animation with new coordinates.

Using the keyword "0 component Torso", the same scheme (or behavior?) file
could be used with minifigs (for example) with totally different colours and
patterns to their clothes.

<<< An LDA2001 Script file >>>
Minifig5.Torso.Color = 15
Minifig7.Torso.Color = 1
Minifig7.Torso.Filename = 973p21.dat
Minifig5.Scheme = mfwalk35.dat
Minifig7.Scheme = mfwalk35.dat

<<< mfwalk35.dat >>>
0 component Torso
1 16  0 -72 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1  973.dat
0 component ...
0 STEP    <<<-- that is: new frame
0 component Torso
1 16  0 -72 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1  973.dat
0 component ...
0 STEP

In a foggy very distant future, we could even have official scheme files...