 CAD / Development / 6948
6947  |  6949
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: Datsville anim. joint project? Was: unspectactular sound effects?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:34:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
It would be great if anybody could contribute with their own walking, • running,
jumping, waving, head-turning, stumbling minifigs. Some time ago, I suggested
some kind of behviour .dat files, but had no response. Maybe noone understood
my idea. The idea is once again if we could use 0 STEP as new frame and any
future LDraw animation utility could read the movement scheme and paste it
into the animation with new coordinates.

Perhaps 0 CLEAR might be a better choice than 0 STEP for animation.

Yes, maybe. My original thought was to have both:
(http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=7253)
   0 STEP

   0 CLEAR
   0 [Hip]
   1 1  0 -40 -8  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1  970.dat
This way, some viewers will produce a series of BMP's.
With just 0 CLEAR alone, only the last frame would be bitmapped.
Such details are often subject to change when ideas are implemented in pilot
programs.

(FYI: Changing "0 [Hip]" to "0 component Hip" is a small step towards syntax
harmonizing between LANI and LDA.)

/Tore