 CAD / 7380
Re: Where to find unspectactular sound effects?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:13:52 GMT

No, I don't think anyone is moderating Datsville anymore. I think that the
reason John stopped his work with it was that Datsville had grown so big
that it took too much time and CPU power to even render. Or something like that.

I think that there are many contributions that never made it into Datsville.
I don't know why yours didn't make it. Competition could be the reason that
your memorial never made it. John picked another. Maybe the Belveder was too
large for its surroundings, or maybe John abandoned the updating before your
entries were processed. I don't know, just guessing...

When I recieved the Datsville "source files", I couldn't understand their
naming and their family tree. So I renamed them, split and inlined them at
will, and edited their headers according to a system that I can understand.
For example:

0 Legofield Fire Company Station 2
0 Name: brdfire1.dat
0 Was: Tfire1.dat
0 Author: Ryan Dennett
0 Unofficial Datsville Building Model
0 Parent: Town0-1.dat

Now, I don't add anything new to Datsville, I just try to make it easier to
use the models in my own animations and other renderings.

/Tore

In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Is someone still moderating Datsville? Back in september 1999 I've made two
contributions, but the've never actualy made it into Datsville. I don't know
the reason for their absence. My contribution postings were:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=525
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=548

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.