 CAD / 7266
  LDraw Tutorial Categories

Hello all, This has been discussed before and I just want everyone's feedback on this to finalize it. Tim after our discussion last night this is what I have come up with for the tutorial section on Ldraw's site. There are basiclly 5 distinct (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) Looks good to me. However, consonants are more important than vowels when making abbreviations. I think for 3 letter codes, Anm, Rnd, Mdl, Prt, and Cnv are easier to interpret? 4 letter codes would be even easier: Anim, Rndr, Modl, Part, Conv (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

good grief, don't we have enough abbreviations and acronyms already? What is too long about single-word categories? Imgn: Con 202: Mxng LDR and 3DS usng IGES btwn Clsss Thx -Erk Bram, do they use 3 or 4 lttr abbs at CWRU? My ENGR schl used 4. (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) This is exactly what I'm doing right now! A "behind the scenes" diary describing my current work on a Datsville animation. I may make it in two versions: one brief on how I made the right steps, and one long with all mistakes and sidesteps (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

What about tutorials that are specific to one program? Like "Introduction to LeoCad" for example. (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) I think this is already being covered in Mod 101 - Buildng your 1st model with an editor (MLCad, Leocad, etc...) We will need one for each... Are you volunteerting? - Ahui (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

Shoud I sign up up for taking this tutorial? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

I don't know how long will this take for me. I'm pretty slow right now. And there are very big differences in how we make our short-films. I don't like to write *the* animation tutorial, but I'd like to make one among other (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) I wrote a basic tutorial for LeoCAD a long time ago, maybe ldraw.org could link to it ? Leonardo (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) Hi Ahui and all others, I am currently writing a combined Con 1xx and Ren 1xx. The first two chapters are already (yesterday actually) send to Tim Courtney (did you recieve them Tim?). They cover a short explanation of the software (L3P, L3PAO (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

Hi Ahui - Sorry for the delayed response. "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gr6JL4.A19@lugnet.com... (...) All of the categories look fine, I just prefer Bram's four letter abbreviation syste: (ANIM, RNDR, MODL, PART, CONV). (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Gr6uoo.92@lugnet.com... (...) Yup, that's probably the best approach for the Modeling category. That could further break down Modeling to: MODL 101-M: Intro to MLCAD MODL 101-L: Intro to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:Gr7HAo.J7n@lugnet.com... (...) Yep, I got em, thanks! -Tim (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

Okay I've posted the tentative tutorial track on my webiste until Tim is ready. It's a pdf file for those who don't have excel. Download from here: (URL) you CAN NOT GET TO THIS PAGE from my homepage only via this link) Also Jeroen de Haan I have (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) I think the 300 level and 200 level RNDR courses should switch numbers. Photoshop tricks are generally easier than creating instructions or creating scenes. It's a lot easier, for example, to paste in a background photo than to actually (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) No, I'm doing RNDR 101 and CONV 101 (not MODL 101-M) Jeroen! (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

Okay I've updated the list again and did spell check (sorry about that). These are the additions Jeremy H. Sproat's RNDR 102 POV's Camera Jeroen de Hann CONV101-b converting ldr to pov (This is probably be a more detailed version that what I have (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories

(...) FYI, this has been put on hold pending this and other developments. (...) Which probably means that there will be a Great Rearranging of Filenames in the future. Meaning someone will have to rename all the HTML files, rename all the image (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)

"Leonardo Zide" <leonardo@centroin.com.br> wrote in message news:Gr71A4.EyI@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, when we get the strucutre in place we can link to it. -Tim (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad)