 CAD / 7280
Re: LDraw Tutorial Categories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:25:51 GMT

Hi Ahui -
Sorry for the delayed response.

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Gr6JL4.A19@lugnet.com...

Hello all,
This has been discussed before and I just want everyone's feedback on this
to finalize it.  Tim after our discussion last night this is what I have
come up with for the tutorial section on Ldraw's site.  There are basiclly 5
distinct categories that I could come up with: Modeling, Rendering,
Animation, Part Creation, and Converting ldr to... The main force of the
tutorials will mostly likely focus on the 1st 3 categories.

In any case this is what I envision for labeling the tutorials

Animation   Ani 1xx (Beginners)
            Ani 2xx (Intermediate)
            Ani 3xx (Advance)

Rendering   Ren 1xx (Beginners)
            Ren 2xx (Intermediate)
            Ren 3xx (Advance)

Modeling    Mod 1xx  (Beginners)
            Mod 2xx  (Intermediate)
            Mod 3xx  (Advance)

Parts       Par 1xx  (Beginners)
Creation    Par 2xx  (Intermediate)
            Par 3xx  (Advance)

Converting  Con 1xx  (Beginners)
ldr to ...

All of the categories look fine, I just prefer Bram's four letter abbreviation
syste: (ANIM, RNDR, MODL, PART, CONV).

Tim if I maitain the
excel sheet you think it would be hard for you to create a download link for
it on your page?

That should be fine.

Don't expect much for me this weekend and Monday.  I'm busy except for tomorrow
morning, and Monday I have a big test to study for.

The laptop is going into the shop this morning *sniff* for the numerous repairs
it needs.  Been busy backing up my files to my old desktop.  It'll be back
Monday morning - at least that's some consolation - Dell's 72hr service time.
:-)  I still have a hard time sending off my baby... ;-)

-Tim