 CAD / 6270
Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:18:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
The disadvantage of this method is that I had to manually decide what parts
could be replaced. It takes some time...

Yeah, but in the model creation process, no real time would be lost.  If an
automaitic utility were created to aid in the building process that would,
say, ask for the requested element size, you could make a ttore brick that's
15 x 15 x 1, or 1 x 2 x 1/3, or anywhere in between.  This would actually
save time.  There would be two benifits: 1. save time in the building
process 2. save time in the rendering process.