 CAD / 6269
Re: Rendering Datsville with POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:36:49 GMT

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

I have already made a program that suggests all bricks, plates, and
tiles to be replaced. Before it performs the replacing, the user
has the chance to deselect those parts that have visible studs or
for any other reason should not be replaced.

That sounds very clever to me!

Sorry, I don't understand "2 x 4" notion.

Sorry for being unclear, I just meant that the name of the part should
be "brick", "plate" or "tile", with some size spesification
afterwards, but nothing more.  If the name includes anything besides
the size specification, it is probably has a complicated shape, and
hence should not be simplyfied.  It appears that you understood what I
meant anyway!

That's a way to go. But that means we need three versions of the
same part...  Like I said: simplifying is complicated.

It sure is complicated.  This sounds like interesting work, though, so
I'm sure you don't mind the complications!  ;-)

Fredrik