 CAD / 6197
Re: LDraw on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:29:03 GMT

Hi Don,

got all kinds of warnings. See http://ucoms.novice.nl/lego/ldglite.txt

Looks like bad code but a successful compilation.

Bad code?  Ouch! ;-) I guess I'll have to fix the warnings. They're the
same warnings I get so you're OK there.

OK!

Now when I run it, I get

GLUT: Fatal Error in ldglite: OpenGL GLX Extension not supported by
display: : 0

Can you help me with this, Jacob?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Mesa/GLUT to help here.

Sorry, I've been away on vacation so I've missed most of this so far.
I've never used SuSe so I don't know how much help I'll be either.

I'm pretty sure ldglite doesn't use any GLX extensions (I haven't had
time to figure out which ones to use yet) so I suspect the problem is
in the Mesa/glut compilation.  You got a lot of errors and warnings on
the ./configure stage of that, right?

Yes that is right.

Since I don't know SuSe I'll have to start with a lot of questions.

  What video card are you using?

My video card is a ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP.

  How old is SuSe 6.4?

SuSE is of the year 2000

  Does it come with RPMs (or whatever packages) for MesaLib/MesaDemos?
  According to this page it comes right out of the box with accelerated
  Mesa glx drivers for the following chipsets: Matrox G200/G400,
  ATI Rage Pro, Intel i810, S3 ViRGE, and a bunch of NVIDIA cards.

There is my card...

    http://www.suse.com/us/products/susesoft/64news/new_in_64.html
  Perhaps you already had Mesa installed from SuSe?  You may only need
  to build MesaDemos.

That could be possible. My knowledge of Linux thus far is somewhat
limited, because I just started working with it.

  Do you have a log of the Mesa compile session?

I think not. Where could I find that. I saved the messages I got
installing LDGLite manually

  Does the MesaDemos package come with any small GLUT programs you can
  use to test the Mesa/glut installation?  I think it does and I'll

I do not know.

  check this myself when I get a chance.  This is probably your best
  bet.  Once you can get a simple glut program working, the ldglite
  executable you made will probably work.

Right.

PS. Which version of the ldglite source did you fetch?

Following the guide on http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux/ I got
ldglitesrc0_9_1c.zip.

Thanks, greetingz...

Sjaacko