 CAD / 6196
Re: LDraw on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:57:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Jaco:
I downloaded LDGLite, OK. But when I tried to install LDGLite I
got all kinds of warnings. See http://ucoms.novice.nl/lego/ldglite.txt

Looks like bad code but a successful compilation.

Bad code?  Ouch! ;-) I guess I'll have to fix the warnings. They're the
same warnings I get so you're OK there.

Now when I run it, I get

GLUT: Fatal Error in ldglite: OpenGL GLX Extension not supported by
display: : 0

Can you help me with this, Jacob?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Mesa/GLUT to help here.

Sorry, I've been away on vacation so I've missed most of this so far.
I've never used SuSe so I don't know how much help I'll be either.

I'm pretty sure ldglite doesn't use any GLX extensions (I haven't had
time to figure out which ones to use yet) so I suspect the problem is
in the Mesa/glut compilation.  You got a lot of errors and warnings on
the ./configure stage of that, right?

Since I don't know SuSe I'll have to start with a lot of questions.

  What video card are you using?

  How old is SuSe 6.4?

  Does it come with RPMs (or whatever packages) for MesaLib/MesaDemos?
  According to this page it comes right out of the box with accelerated
  Mesa glx drivers for the following chipsets: Matrox G200/G400,
  ATI Rage Pro, Intel i810, S3 ViRGE, and a bunch of NVIDIA cards.
    http://www.suse.com/us/products/susesoft/64news/new_in_64.html
  Perhaps you already had Mesa installed from SuSe?  You may only need
  to build MesaDemos.

  Do you have a log of the Mesa compile session?

  Does the MesaDemos package come with any small GLUT programs you can
  use to test the Mesa/glut installation?  I think it does and I'll
  check this myself when I get a chance.  This is probably your best
  bet.  Once you can get a simple glut program working, the ldglite
  executable you made will probably work.

Don

PS. Which version of the ldglite source did you fetch?