 CAD / 6187
6186  |  6188
Subject:
LDraw on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:28:41 GMT

Hi all,

Just recently I installed Linux SuSU 6.4 on a computer. Great so far.
Now I want to use LDraw on it and Emacs and LDGLite, but I have a couple
of questions about it.

1. Following the tutorial on http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux/ I
tried to download
http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Byggevejledninger/Linux/ldraw-library.tar.gz
but that failed and instead the HTML file found at
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux/ was downloaded.

So I thought just to download and extract the original files, but...

2. How do I extract the ldraw.exe and complete.exe files into
directories. When I use UNARJ X LDRAW.EXT I get 790 errors and no file
is extracted. When I use UNARJ E LDRAW.EXE all files end up in the same
directory...

3. Then instalign Mesa... Following
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux/ I downloaded the two files,
extracted them. But when I ran ./configure I got one warning after the
other. I ran make and make install but there where errors and warnings.
I think that failed. Does anyone have suggestions?

4. Then I downloaded LDGLite, OK. But when I tried to install LDGLite I
got all kinds of warnings. See http://ucoms.novice.nl/lego/ldglite.txt

Did I succeed? I guess not, but I cannot test that, because I am having
trouble getting LDraw correctly installed in directories.

Well, that is that. I hope someone is willing to help me. Some troubles
:-)

Greetingz...

Sjaacko