 CAD / 551
  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

Last is mostly my fault. I fired off a *bunch* of replies to various messages, instead of compiling them into just a few messages. I think I would be most happy if Todd would be willing to create a new ng for L-CAD. lugnet.cad.l-cad *sounds* (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) I agree. I haven't been following the discussions concerning this on the lugnet.admin.general ng lately, though. There's so many words there, like. But count me in as a supporter of the ng. This needs to be discussed on the L-CAD list, of (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

OK, so I won't post a 'me to' message to L-Cad, but I can post one here. So, FWIW I think moving to Lugnet would be an excellent idea. I'm all for it! (here's an out right commitment for you Todd!) I get it now... the list server was down. Makes (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

I can think of one drawback for moving to lugnet - you must have some sort of web access to subscribe to lugnet, while with l-cad you can subscribe with only an e-mail address and information on how to subscribe emailed to you by someone else. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) Hey man, it's 1999, not 1994! :) Is there anyone left on the planet who has e-mail access but who doesn't have web access? Besides, even if there was someone without web access, they could always send a subscription request via e-mail to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) Yes. Not to be pedantic, but there are gobs(1) of people that don't have home PCs, but who have email access from behind a firewall at work. In many cases they don't have web access. This may well be because they have access via some weird (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) I forgot to say that despite my pedantry, I am in favor of the change. ++Lar (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) The person who emailed you the info can post it to the group, or mail to Todd, and I'm sure either another member of the group could fill out the form for him, or Todd would enter him/her into the Lugnet database. It's slightly more trouble, (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) I have been following all this, and the thread in lugnet.admin.general, and would like to chime in a little. Overall, I support this whole idea. LCad as a mailing list has its share of annoyances to me. Perhaps a dedicated group here would be (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) know (...) need (...) Good to hear from you on this one, and bravo for remembering James' mother. If we formed a new group _and_ gatewayed L-cad to it, she would continue to receive messages as usual. Those who absolutely are unable or (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) OK, fair enough. A follow-up question, then -- is there anyone who (a) only has e-mail access and (b) also doesn't know anyone who does have web access and (c) can't go to a library or cyber-cafe to use a web page to sign up for something? (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L-cad is getting irritating!

(...) I haven't really given it any thought. I am flexible though, and I have confidence in Todd's judgement on how to do it. As long as I can get to it, I am happy. (...) That is a cool idea. And I am sure the Jessiman family would appreciate it. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)