 CAD / 5126
5125  |  5127
Subject:
Interesting Minutia in 7146 Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:43:35 GMT

Well, interesting to me...

While building the TIE Fighter set, I noticed an obvious CAD-ism in the
instructions.  Looking at the inset in step 10 (on page 3), the outer edges
of the 4x4 radar dish are obviously composed of lines, not a smooth curve.

My understanding (partly what I've heard, partly what I've guessed) has
been that LEGO instructions are prepared using a 2D library of static part
images.  Maybe they've at least gotten to the point where they are
generating new views of parts from their CAD database?

Steve