 CAD / 3581
  Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

...With 13 Mb of parts files, yeah right. Bummer. :-( However, it would be really really really cool if LDLite, MLCad, etc. would load parts from a URL as needed. In my view, agreeing upon a transmission protocol for this is probably the highest (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

I think this is a great idea. I was thinking about a similar thing, where MLCad would load full updates from the internet, and install it onto the machine. However searching unknown parts on the internet is a very good idea too, but would require (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

For the Mac version of ldglite, I was thinking of building in the unarchive code (unarj) because of arj' obscurity in the Mac world, and then I thought, why not just have it get parts as needed from the arj? ldraw.exe is 988k, complete.exe is 1800k (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

Jeremy: (...) No problem. The easy solution would be to unpack the whole parts distribution somewhere on ldraw.org. I think there is even conditional downloading built into the HTTP protocol. Something slightly more advanced would be to create (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

(...) code (...) not (...) on (...) it (...) You might be able to fit it all on one floppy with a different compression program. And remember, ldraw.exe is not just parts files. As for pulling DAT files straight out of the archives, it's just a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

(...) There is already a part-version comment in the L-CAD part files. It's the line in the header which says "Official LCad update". This line will have a release number on the end, such as "99-06". If a file has no "Official LCad update" line, the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

(...) I kinda doubt it. Arj packs files pretty tight. However, a compressed distro on floppy still needs to be installed in order to use it. I'm thinking of something that can be run from the floppy, using a live internet connection to a parts host, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

(...) Just what I was thinking of. :-, (...) Really? Like conditional based on the timestamp? That'd be cool -- though just checking on the client end would require very little code as well. (...) Yah, but not much more advanced. It'd basically be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

(...) Oh, I got it -- the If-Modified-Since header, right? Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?

Jeremy: (...) Pretty sure that's the one I am talking about. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- ---...--- (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad)