 CAD / 3299
Re: help! trying to pose mini-fig arms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:26:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jeff Boen writes:
In lugnet.cad, Franklin W. Cain writes:
(It renders OK with _LDLite_, though...)

How do I convert the LDAO "DAT" file
into a format acceptable to LDraw?

to convert the model to standard LDraw format
you need to run LDLite on the model with the -R switch..

    ldlite -roldstyle.dat extended.dat

OK... I tried this.  It didn't work.  :-(

My existing file is called "A.DAT",
and i'll call the new, LDraw-friendly file "B.DAT".

From the MS-DOS prompt, I typed in:
LDLITE -RB.DAT A.DAT
and LDLite created a one-line file for B.DAT,
shown here ----> 1 7 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 A.DAT

When I tried running LDraw against this new file,
it _still_ squashed the mini-fig together.  :-(

So, now what do I do?...
My objective is still to convert/create a DAT file
that can be rendered by LDraw.

Thanks.
Franklin